Renowned Carl Zeiss contrast and resolution brings out the best in Î±7 and Î±7R full frame E-mount bodies. The T* coating works with an innovative optical design to suppress internal reflections, for sublime contrast from highlights to deep blacks. In keeping with the Sonnar concept a large F1.8 maximum aperture can produce beautiful full-frame background bokeh, but you also have the option of stopping down for extended depth-of-field. A bright lens like this is also an advantage when shooting indoors or outdoors in low light. Linear motor driven internal focusing is smooth and quiet, and a dust and moisture resistant design ensures consistently reliable performance.
- 55mm focal length and large aperture in a "normal" prime lens with impressive Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* contrast and resolution.
- 35mm full frame format, a large F1.8 maximum aperture, and sophisticated design make this lens ideal for Î±7 and Î±7R bodies.
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh.
- Dust and moisture resistant design.
In The Box
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Lens (Black) SEL55F18Z
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
- Lens configuration (group/element): 5/7
- 35mm-equivalent focal length (APS-C)* (mm): 82.5
- Angle of view (APS-C): 29°
- Angle of view (35mm full frame): 43°
- No. of aperture blade: 9
- Min. aperture (F): 22
- Max. magnification ratio (x): 0.14
- Min. focus (m): 0.5
- Filter dia. (mm): 49
- Hood shape: Petal/bayonet
- Dimensions: Dia. x L (mm): 64.4 x 70.5
- Dimensions: Dia. x L (in.): 2-5/8 x 2-7/8
- Weight: (approx.) (g): 281
- Weight: (approx.) (oz.): 10
- Provided accessories: ALC-SH131, case