Super long reach, super compact design, the Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM is a unique telephoto prime featuring a distinct mixture of focal length and form factor. Characterized by its retractable design and a fixed f/11 aperture, this lens's sleek profile makes handheld super-tele shooting a very real possibility, and four stop-effective optical image stabilization further helps to achieve sharp imagery when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Also contributing to the reduced size is a distinct optical layout, which uses gapless dual-layer diffractive optics instead of multiple heavier individual elements, which also effectively controls color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity. Complementing this design is an STM stepping motor that delivers quick and quiet autofocus performance that is suitable for both stills and video needs. Additionally, a Control Ring is also integrated into the lens design for intuitive control over exposure settings from the lens itself. If you decide you need more than 800mm, this lens is compatible with the 1.4x and 2x RF Extenders for an equivalent focal length of 1120mm or 1600mm, respectively.
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Fixed f/11 Aperture
- Retractable, Locking Lens Barrel
- Gapless Dual-Layer Diffractive Optics
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Compatible with RF Extenders
- Focal Length: 800mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/11
- Lens Mount: Canon RF
- Format Compatibility: Full-Frame
- Angle of View: 3° 5'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19.69'/6 m
- Maximum Magnification: 0.14x
- Optical Design: 11 Elements in 8 Groups
- Focus Type: Autofocus
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Filter Size: 95 mm (Front)
- Dimensions (ø x L): 4 x 13.85"/101.6 x 351.8 mm
- Weight: 2.77 lb/1260 g