Distinguished by its updated sensor design, the Alpha a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera from Sony is a well-rounded camera suitable for both photo and video applications in a variety of working situations.
Refined for improved speed and low-light performance, the full-frame 24.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor pair to realize an impressive 10 fps continuous shooting rate and improved autofocus performance for faster, more reliable subject tracking along with wide frame coverage.
This updated Fast Hybrid AF System employs a combination of 693 phase-detection points and 425 contrast-detection areas for quicker acquirement of focus in a variety of lighting conditions, and also maintains focus on subjects more effectively.
In addition to speed and AF, the processing improvements also help to realize greater image clarity and reduced noise throughout the sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200, which can further be expanded to ISO 50-204800.
Video recording capabilities have also been extended for enhanced quality when recording UHD 4K video with the full width of the full-frame sensor to minimize moiré and aliasing.
Additionally, benefitting both stills and video operation, the a7 III utilizes a 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE sensor-shift image stabilization, which is now effective to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops.
English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Indonesian, Korean, Behasa Melayu
- 24MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 693-Point Hybrid AF System
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 2.36m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
- 3.0" 922k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- ISO 204800 and 10 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC, Dual SD Slots
- USB Type-C Port, Weather-Sealed Design
- Lens Mount: Sony E-Mount
- Camera Format: Full-Frame
- Actual: 25.3 Megapixels
- Effective: 24.2 Megapixels
- Max Resolution: 24 MP: 6000 x 4000
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2, 16:9
- Sensor Type/Size: CMOS, 35.6 x 23.8 mm
- File Formats:
- Still Images: JPEG, RAW
- Movies: AVCHD Ver. 2.0, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, XAVC S
- Audio: AC3, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Bit Depth: 14-Bit
- Dust Reduction System: Yes
- Memory Card Type: SD, SDHC, SDXC, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo
- Image Stabilization: Sensor-Shift, 5-Way
- Video Recording: Yes, NTSC/PAL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Video Clip Length: Up to 29 Min
- Audio Recording: Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
- Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
- Focus Type: Autofocus
- Focus Mode: Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points: Phase Detection: 693
- Contrast Detection: 425
- Viewfinder Type: Electronic
- Self Timer: 10 Seconds, 5 Seconds, 2 Seconds
- Connectivity: 1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B, USB 3.0, USB Type-C
- Wi-Fi Capable: Yes