Characterized by its bright design, the Nikon F-mount YN 50mm f/1.4N E from Yongnuo is a versatile normal-length lens well-suited for a variety of applications, ranging from portraiture to street photography. Its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
The optical design incorporates four ultra-high refractive index elements, which minimize spherical aberrations and distortion in order to produce a high degree of sharpness and clarity. A multi-layer coating has also been applied to control flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy. A DC motor provides fast and precise autofocus performance, and a dedicated AF/MF switch permits quick changing between focus modes.
- Integrated USB port allows for updating the lens's firmware.
- Chrome-plated metal lens mount is durable and accurate for a secure fit with the camera body, and gold-plated contacts help to ensure consistent communication between the lens and camera.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm is used for accurate aperture selections, and works in P/A/S/M modes and supports bulb exposures.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Normal-length prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however is also compatible with DX models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and offers greater control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques.
- Four ultra-high refractive index elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering.
- Individual elements feature a multi-layer coating to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A DC motor provides quick and precise autofocus performance and a dedicated AF/MF switch lets you quickly change between focusing modes. A focus distance indicator is also integrated into the lens barrel to aid in accurate manual focusing.
- This mechanism is compatible with the following cameras: D5, D4-series, D3-series, D850, D810-series, D800-series, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300-series, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, and D3100. Camera may need to be updated to latest firmware.
- Zoom: Prime
- Lens type: Standard
- Image stabilization: No
- Mount type: Nikon F
- Max aperture: f/ 1.4 (W) - f/ 1.4 (T)
- Min aperture: f/ 22 (W) - f/ 22 (T)
- Auto focus: Yes
- Minimum focus: 45 cm
- Filter size: 58 mm
- Length: 93 mm
- Weight: 577 g