The 90mm f/2.8 SP Di MACRO 1:1 USD Lens for Sony from Tamron is an updated version of their popular 90mm macro lens. It features an Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor for fast, smooth and quiet autofocus. A continuous manual focus mechanism provides precise manual focus, especially important with this lens' 1:1 macro capability. And an Internal Focusing system means the front lens elements do not rotate and the lens does not change length when focusing, also important for macro shooting. In addition to macro capability, this 90mm lens is also considered to be an ideal lens for portraiture.
Two extra-low dispersion elements and one low dispersion element reduce chromatic aberration and make for sharp, high resolution images. Newly developed eBAND hybrid lens coating combines conventional multi-coating with a layer of nano-structured coating for particularly uniform light transmission and minimal reflection. This reduces flares and ghosting in your images.
An extra large and ridged focus ring and moisture resistant construction give muscle to this optically impressive lens.
In The Box
- Tamron SP 90mm F/2.8 Di USD Macro for Sony A-mount (F004S)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Focal Length: 90mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/32
- Lens Mount: Sony A
- Format Compatibility: Full-Frame
- Angle of View: 27°
- Maximum Magnification: 1x
- Macro Reproduction Ratio: 1:1
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.8"/0.3 m
- Optical Design: 14 Elements in 11 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Focus Type: Autofocus
- Image Stabilization: None
- Filter Size: 58 mm (Front)
- Dimensions (ø x L): 3.01 x 4.51"/76.45 x 114.55 mm
- Weight: 19.4 oz/550 g