Compactness, light weight and affordability are brought together in the Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di, giving emerging photographers an alternative to the highly lauded SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD. Picture takers eager to bring distant sports or wildlife subjects closer, as well as bringing tiny, close range subjects into clear focus will appreciate the standout macro function, available at focal lengths between 180 and 300mm.
Capable of a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2 (one half life-size) close-up detail fills the viewfinder. Also, because the macro function is available at the lens' longer telephoto settings, an extended subject-to-lens working distance is maintained.
- Long for the ability to pull small and/or distant subjects further into view.
- Enjoy the world of extreme close-up picture taking.
- Appreciate the versatility of combining a telephoto zoom and 1:2 macro functionality in one lens.
- Demand optical performance once reserved for much costlier lenses
In The Box
- AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Lens For Canon
- 62mm Front Lens Cap (CP62)
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Model: A17
- Lens Construction: 9/13 (Groups/Elements)
- Diaphragm Blade Number9
- Minimum Aperture: F/32
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- 1.5m in normal setting
- 0.95m in macro mode (f=180mm-300mm range)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:2 (at f=300mm MFD 0.95m)
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Weight: 435g
- Diameter x Length: 76.6 x 116.5mm
- Accessory: Lens hood
- Mount: Canon