The Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Lens for Canon is a wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens for Canon EF-mount full-frame and APS-C cameras. It provides users with an extremely versatile all-purpose lens in a compact design and on APS-C cameras it has a zoom range equivalent of 44.8-480mm. Also, it has an aperture range from f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40 across the zoom range.
The 28-300mm is also capable of decent macro capabilities with a reproduction ratio of 1:3.5 when zoomed in to 300mm. This is due to a minimum focus distance of 19.3". Also, for excellent image quality, numerous special glass elements are used in the lens design in addition to Broad-Band Anti-Reflection coatings. There are one Hybrid Aspherical element, three Molded-Glass elements, four Low Dispersion elements, one Extra Refractive Index element, and one Ultra-Extra Refractive Index element.
For general use, there is a Piezo Drive autofocus system which is powered by a fast and quiet standing-wave ultrasonic motor. This allows you to quickly achieve focus for sharp images. There is also Vibration Compensation which provides optical image stabilization that reduces camera shake at slow shutter speeds and longer focal lengths. And, included with the lens are a flower-shaped lens hood as well as front and rear lens caps.
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40
- Four Low Dispersion Glass Elements
- Three Molded-Glass Aspherical Elements
- One Hybrid Aspherical Element
- One Extra Refractive Element
- One Ultra-Extra Refractive Element
- Vibration Compensation
- Piezo Drive Autofocus System
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19.3"
In The Box
- Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Lens for Canon EF A010E
- Front Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Rear Lens Cap
- Focal Length: 28 - 300mm
- Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 44.8 - 480 mm
- Maximum: f/3.5 - 6.3
- Minimum: f/22 - 40
- Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
- Format Compatibility: 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
- Angle of View: 75° 23' - 8° 15'
- APS-C Picture Angle: 52° 58' - 5° 20'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19.3" (.49 m)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:3.5
- Elements/Groups: 19/15
- Diaphragm Blades: 7, Rounded
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: No
- Filter Thread: 67 mm
- Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 2.93 x 3.78" (74.4 x 96 mm)
- Weight: 19.05 oz (540 g)