Experience stunning Carl Zeiss quality in a compact mid-range zoom lens. The 4x zoom range of this lens extends from 24mm to 105mm (35mm full equivalent), making it ideal for a wide range of common subject and situations.
The latest advances in optical design technology have made it possible to deliver prized Carl Zeiss contrast and clarity in a high-performance mid-range zoom. Four aspherical elements combine with one ED glass element to bring you breathtaking rendering. One of those aspherical elements is a product of innovative Sony high precision, advanced aspherical lens (AA lens) technology, enabling first-class performance in a diminutive design. You can shoot at the maximum F4 aperture throughout the zoom range, and internal focusing provides smooth, quiet zooming.
Outstanding contrast and resolution at all zoom settings are hallmarks of this premium go-anywhere lens. Advanced aspherical lens (AA lens) technology combines one AA lens element and three normal aspherical elements, reducing lens size and weight without sacrificing image quality. Unique to Carl Zeiss, renowned T* coating on optical surfaces reduces glare and ghosting for natural colour reproduction plus superb definition and clarity.
Unlike budget zooms that stop down at their tele end, maximum aperture remains a constant F4 at all focal lengths. This reduces the need for high ISO settings when zoomed in, and also allows the use of high shutter speeds to freeze fast-moving action. As an extra refinement the circular aperture can achieve beautifully smooth, natural background defocus (bokeh) effects.
- Shoot like a pro - get professional-quality shots that capture every detail and burst of colour, thanks to this high-performance Carl Zeiss lens
- Kiss glare goodbye - the Zeiss T* anti-reflective lens coating minimises glare and ghosting, so you're free to shoot in crisp, natural colour
- Image stabilisation - SteadyShot automatically compensates for movement, reducing camera shake to keep your image steady even when your hands aren't.
- Shed pounds, not pixels - AA lens technology enables the SEL-1670Z to deliver precision and power in a lighter, more compact lens
- No more high ISO settings - shoot at the maximum F4 aperture across the full focal range for stunning, no-noise images without bumping up your ISO
- High performance in low light - get great results in tricky low-light conditions when used with your camera's Anti-Motion Blur and Handheld Twilight settings
- Get closer to the action - with a 16 to 70mm focal length, youï¿½ï¿½ll be able to pick out every detail at any distance
- Ready for anything - holiday snaps, professional portraits and everything in between - the SEL-1670Z's versatile features make it the perfect lens for any occasion
- Get big results on a small camera - the E-mount lens allows you to bring high resolution, SLR-quality imaging to your compact
- Smooth, responsive AF - the Linear motor driven internal focusing technology provides near silent zooming, so you can shoot movies and stills in style
In The Box
- Sony SEL1670Z Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
- Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Pouch
- Product Name: Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
- 35mm equivalent focal length when used with APS-C sensor camera: 24-105mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 12-16
- Aperture Blades: 7
- Circular Aperture: Yes
- Min. Aperture: 22
- Min. Focus (shortest distance from image sensor to subject): 0,35m
- Max. Magnification: 0,23
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Dimension (Max. Diameter x Length): 66.6 x 75mm
- Weight (approx.): 308g