Mixing a flattering focal length with a fast design, the Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 EF is a Canon EF-mount lens well-suited for portraiture. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture enables extensive control over depth of field for using selective focus, and it also excels in low-light conditions.
The optical design features a hybrid aspherical element, which controls distortion and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity throughout the aperture range.
Individual elements also sport an Ultra Multi-Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast in various lighting conditions. Benefitting the optics, the lens also features an Ultrasonic Dual Linear autofocus motor for quick and accurate focusing performance.
Additionally, the rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to achieve a pleasing bokeh quality.
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Hybrid Aspherical Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Ultrasonic Dual Linear AF Motor
- Round Nine-Blade Diaphragm
In The Box
- Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 EF Lens for Canon EF
- Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Pouch
- Focal Length: 85mm
- Maximum: f/1.4
- Minimum: f/16
- Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
- Format Compatibility: 35mm Film/Full-Frame Digital Sensor
- Angle of View: 28.4°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.95'/90 cm
- Magnification: 0.11x
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:9.1
- Optical Design: 9 Elements in 7 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 9, Rounded
- Autofocus: Yes
- Filter Thread: Front: 77 mm
- Dimensions (DxL): 3.46 x 2.83"/88 x 72 mm
- Weight: 1.07 lb/485 g