The Samyang 135mm T2.2ED UMC VDSLR II Cine Lens is the cine/video version of the Samyang 135mm f2.0 ED UMC lens featuring the same excellent optics, but with integrated gearing for video rigs with follow focus systems. Full frame compatible, suitable for cameras and interchangeable lens camcorders fitted with 24x36mm (full frame) or smaller sensor.
The Samyang 135mm features a floating type design, one Extra low dispersion lens element (ED) for maximum optical performance. A circular aperture of T2.2 with 9 blades offer great bokeh for close head and shoulder portrait work, and short telephoto. To ensure high contrast and faithful colour reproduction, all lens elements have been covered with Samyang's multi-layered UMC anti-reflective coatings. The design and lens coatings offer impressively low chromatic aberrations, ghosting and flare.
Splendid image quality and small depth of field with beautiful, natural rendered bokeh by use of the 9 circular aperture blades makes it especially suited to film, where separation of the subject from the background is desired.
- The VDSLR version features uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring, perfectly suited to video and cine use, and mounting on follow focus rigs. This manual focus telephoto cine lens is both suitable for full frame sensor sizes or cropped sensors. It expresses vibrant color and soft out-focusing area which makes it a great lens to shoot portrait, night scenery, wild-life and journalism photography.
- The Samyang VDSLR versions are rated in T-Stops rather than F-stops which is usual for movie camera lenses. F-stop number expresses the speed of the lens on the assumption that the optics transmit 100% of the incident light. The T-number expresses the actual light transmission, which is more accurate, and is the standard in professional cine lenses.
In The Box
- Samyang 135mm T2.2 AS UMC VDSLR II Lens for Canon EF Mount
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Manufacturer: Samyang Optics
- Model: Samyang 135mm T2.2 ED UMC VDSLR II Cine Lens
- Lens type: Prime Telephoto lens - full frame compatible
- Focal length: 135mm
- Maximum aperture: T2.2 (f2.0)
- Min aperture: T22
- Angle of view: 18.8 degrees (full frame) 11.7 degrees (APS-C)
- Min focusing distance: 0.8m
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (circular blades)
- Focus type: MF (Manual Focus only)
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 7 groups, 1 ED lens element.
- Dimensions: 82mm diameter, length 122 to 148mm (approx, dependent on mount)
- Weight: 830 g (approx, dependent on mount)
- Lens hood: Detachable
- Filter Size: 77mm