Designed For DSLRs and Audio Recorders
The Rode VideoMic is the perfect companion for any DSLR or personal audio recorder, providing studio-grade audio quality. At the heart of the microphone is a condenser capsule featuring a super-cardioid polar pattern. The super-cardioid polar pattern is designed to record directly in front of the microphone, allowing you to keep the focus on your subject. It also helps to eliminate outside noise for a clearer recording.
Studio-Grade Recording Quality
This condenser capsule boasts an ultra-wide frequency range, designed to capture every nuance of your source audio in great-detail. This gets you the best finished product, matching the high-definition visuals with studio-grade audio. The microphone also features a two-step high-pass filter for eliminating low-end noise such as traffic or electrical equipment. A three-step pad is also built-in, allowing you to attenuate the microphone to different environments, ensuring the perfect take every time.
Rycote Lyre Shock Mounting
The VideoMic comes complete with an integrated Rycote Lyre shock mount, helping to eliminate structure-borne and handling noise whilst in use. The shock mount provides isolation from the camera, eliminated unwanted rumble and vibrations for a cleaner audio recording. The shock mount is constructed from hard-wearing thermoplastic, providing superior acoustic suspension to conventional elastic mounts. The standard sized shoe mount means you can easily connect the microphone to a boom pole or stand.
The robust and rugged design of the microphone and shock mount ensures optimal durability, combating against superficial damage whilst on the move. The shock mount is constructed from rugged reinforced ABS, providing superior strength. The microphone comes complete with a windshield for improved audio performance and features a 3.5mm mini-jack output.
- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- 9V battery powered
- Integrated shock mounting
- Two step High-Pass Filter - Flat or 80Hz
- Three step PAD - 0, -10, -20dB
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield included
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold shoe mount, 1/4" and 3/8" thread
- Power: 9V battery powered
- Acoustic Principle: Line gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super Cardioid
- Frequency range: 40Hz-20kHz, selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB/octave
- Output impedance: 200 ohm
- Signal noise ratio: 74 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 20 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1K ohm load)
- Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 176gm