Condenser Microphone Capsule
Incorporating a brand new 0.5" condenser capsule the Videomic Pro delivers broadcast quality audio via one 3.5mm minijack connector (dual mono). Additionally the super-cardioid polar pattern allows the Videomic Pro to focus on the audio from the subject (front facing) and eliminate background noise to deliver a clear and direct reproduction of the audio.
Power, Filter and Level Controls
Located to the rear of the Rode Pro is a panel of power, filter and level controls which allow specific adjustments to be made to best suit your application and environment. For example, although the Videomic Pro has a frequency response of 40Hz to 20kHz you can simply select the high pass filter which will remove any low end rumble from the audio such as traffic and background office noise.
Additionally the level controls are designed to maximise the quality of your audio when capturing from a range of different sources. With attenuate and boost controls you can drop the input level to -10dB to allow capturing of loud sound sources such as live performances or close proximity recordings.
With a Rycote Lyre based shock mount the Videomic Pro minimizes contact between the microphone and mounting system to diffuse any unwanted rumble and vibrations being transferred from the device. Constructed from hard wearing thermoplastic the Lyre delivers advanced isolation and improved suspension as appose to traditional elastic mounting systems.
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6" length)
- Ultra lightweight and portable
- 9V battery powered (Not Included) - over 70 hours use
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boompole mounting
- 10 year warranty with online registration at Rodemic.com
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-Cardioid
- Output Connection: 3.5 mm Stereo Mini-Jack (Dual Mono)
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -38 dB
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise: 20 dBA SPL
- Maximum Output: +6.9 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 114 dB
- SPL (Max): 134 dB
- S/N ratio: 74 dB
- Power Requirements: 9 Volt Battery (Not Included)
- Height: 150 mm / 6"
- Width: 43 mm / 1.69"
- Depth: 95 mm / 3.74"
- Weight: 85g