The Rode smartLav+ is a broadcast-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of film, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever broadcast quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment.
With the smartLav+ you simply mount the microphone on the speaker, connect it to a smartphone or tablet headset jack and record via the Rode Rec app for iOS, or any other audio app of their choice.
By employing a professional quality omni-directional condenser capsule the smartLav+ picks up sound equally from all around the microphone, allowing for versatility when mounting and ensuring a high degree of user-friendly operation.
A foam pop shield is supplied to minimise wind noise and vocal plosives, as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management. Its Kevlar® reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under normal usage conditions.
The smartLav+ is compatible with any audio app that accepts input from the headset connection, however it has been designed to pair perfectly with Rode Rec app for Apple iOS devices. Rode Rec turns the user's iOS device into a fully-featured field recorder, with a wide range of equalisation presets to suit various recording situations, in addition to professional editing functions and the ability to publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox direct from the app.
- Improved Low-Noise Capsule Design
- Colour Coded Jacks for Use with SC Cable Range
- Connects Directly to iPhone or Other Smart Phone
- Upload Audio Straight to the Internet via Rode Rec App
- Includes Carry Pouch, Clip and Foam Cover
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET
- Capsule: 0.10"
- Polar Pattern: Omni directional - picks up all sides equally
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @ 0)
- Output Impedance: 0Ω
- Maximum SPL: 110dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level: 189.0dBu (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -35.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (17.80mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: (A-weighted) 27dB-A
- Cable Length: 1200mm (120cm)
- Weight: 6g
- Dimensions: 1180.00mm x 4.50mm x 4.50mm (H x W x D)
- Output: TRRS