A fast and optically refined wide-angle prime, the Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH. Lens from Panasonic is a 24mm equivalent lens designed for Micro Four Thirds digital cameras.
Characterized by its truly bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, this lens is ideal for working in low-light conditions and also affords a wealth of control over focus placement for using shallow depth of field techniques.
The optical design employs a pair of aspherical elements, two ultra extra-low dispersion elements, and one extra-low dispersion element in order to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and clarity from edge to edge.
Benefiting the optical assets, this lens also incorporates a smooth and quiet autofocus motor that is well-suited to both stills and video recording, and a manual AF/MF switch lends direct focus mode adjustment for more intuitive handling.
Additionally, the all-metal construction of the lens is also weather-resistant in order to permit working in trying environmental conditions.
Pairing Leica's design legacy with Panasonic's technological innovation, this versatile wide-angle prime is distinguished by both its optical merits as well as intuitive handling and contemporary functionality.
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 24mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- One ED Element, Two UED Elements
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
In The Box
- Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Storage Bag
- Focal Length: 12mm
- Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 24 mm
- Maximum: f/1.4
- Minimum: F/16
- Camera Mount Type: Micro Four Thirds
- Format Compatibility: Micro Four Thirds
- Angle of View: 84°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 7.87" (20 cm)
- Magnification: 0.1x
- Elements/Groups: 15/12
- Diaphragm Blades: 9, Rounded
- Autofocus: Yes
- Filter Thread: Front: 62 mm
- Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 2.76 x 2.76" (70 x 70 mm)
- Weight: 11.82 oz (335 g)