Packing a wealth of capabilities within an especially compact design, the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera with an abundance of speed, precision, and versatility. Featuring a 20.4MP MOS sensor and a TruePic VIII image processor, the E-M5 Mark III offers quick continuous shooting up to 10 fps with a mechanical shutter, up to 30 fps shooting with an electronic shutter, and DCI and UHD 4K video recording. The sensor and processor combination also affords a sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 while a sophisticated 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization system compensates for up to 6.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Complementing the imaging specs, the sensor's design also incorporates 121 phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance.
Despite all of its performance-oriented attributes, the E-M5 Mark III manages to retain a sleek design, which is also weather-sealed for use in trying weather conditions. A high-resolution 2.36m-dot 0.67x-magnification OLED viewfinder is featured along with a 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which sports a vari-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless transferring and remote camera control from linked mobile devices.
High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and it offers a 0.67x maximum magnification for clear, distortion-free viewing.
Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, and it is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback. Additionally, a Live View Boost mode can be used to optimize the screen's brightness and prioritize the frame rate when working in dark locations.
Included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is used to provide approximately 310 shots per charge .
In-camera battery charging is supported via the micro-USB port.
Single SD memory card slot is UHS-II compatible for fast read/write speeds.
Wide accessory compatibility provided with the incorporation of a microphone port, a top hot shoe, micro-USB and micro-HDMI ports, and a 2.5mm port for optional remotes.
Rugged splashproof, dustproof, and freezeproof construction incorporates extensive sealing throughout the body design to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
Supersonic Wave Filter and a dust-resistant coating are used to greatly reduce the likelihood of dust reaching the sensor.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet when using the dedicated O.I.Share app for iOS and Android.
- 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
- DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and OM-Log
- 121-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detection AF
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- Compact & lightweight, Weather sealed System
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Megapixels (Effective Resolution): 20.4 megapixels
- Maximum Resolution: 5184 x 3888
- Megapixel Banding: 20 - 30
- Lens Fitting: Micro Four Thirds
- Sensor Size (WxH mm): 17.3 mm x 13.0 mm
- Monitor Size: 3.0"
- Vari-angle monitor: Yes
- Built in Flash: No
- 4K Video Recording: Yes
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Metering Modes: Evaluative, Centre Weighted, Spot
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Manual, White Balance Bracketing, Custom
- Exposure Modes: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Picture Modes, Manual
- Focusing Modes: One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual
- ISO Speed Range: (ISO Low 64) 200 - 25600
- Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm: 125 x 85 x 50mm
- Continuous Shooting Speed (fps): 30 fps
- Compatible storage media (card not supplied): SDXC, SD Card, SDHC Card
- Weight (g): 414g