The AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G is the new addition to the FX-format lens lineup. It utilizes an all new optical design allowing users to enjoy shooting portraits with pleasing blur characteristics only possible through fixed focal length lenses. Even with a fast maximum aperture of f/1.8, the AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G is very lightweight at roughly 350g, allowing users to easily carry their camera around with this lens mounted.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures not only quiet autofocus operations, but also makes autofocus shooting possible when the lens is used with entry-level Nikon DX-format digital-SLR cameras such as the D5100 and D3100, which are not equipped with an autofocus drive motor.
- A fast, fixed-focal-length, medium telephoto lens with 85 mm focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Newly developed optical system optimized for use with D series digital SLRs
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) realizes quiet AF operation for all D series digital SLRs
- Two focus modes are available ï¿½X M/A (quick switching from AF to MF) and M (manual focus)
In The Box
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Lens
- Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Focal length: 85mm
- Maximum aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Lens construction: 9 elements in 9 groups
- Minimum focus distance: 0.8 m/2.62 ft (from focal plane)
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.124x
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded)
- Filter-attachment size: 67mm
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approximately 80 x 73 mm/3.1 x 2.9 in.
- Weight Approximately: 350g/12.4 oz