The AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a premium, fast telephoto prime lens for the Nikon autofocus system. It is designed for full frame DX format DSLRs and is also compatible with FX format cameras, providing a 600mm focal length equivalence on crop sensors. It is a very robust and durable lens, incorporating a magnesium die-cast barrel and professional-grade dust and moisture sealing for use in rugged situations.
This lens features the Nikon Vibration Reduction image stabilization system to reduce the blur caused by camera shake, enabling confident handheld telephoto shooting, even in low-light conditions. In addition, this lens offers Tripod Detection mode to reduce the vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
An internal focus system and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor provides fast, precise and near-silent autofocus action and focus modes, including the A/M mode, enable fast switchover from auto to manual focus. Manual focus override allows immediate control over exacting focus with just a turn of the focus ring. Minimum focus distance is 9.5' and the focus memory recall function is supported.
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; Manual Focus Override
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.5' (2.9m)
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Magnesium Barrel; Moisture-Resistant