While the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens from Nikon is designed primarily for use with FX-format DSLR cameras, it's equally at home on any DX-format D-SLR camera.
As a standard 5.0x zoom on an FX-format camera body, it's perfect for landscapes, portraits, and weddings - it's an excellent choice as a take-along-everywhere lens. On a DX-format camera, the focal length gets a 1.5x bump that turns it into a formidable longer-range optic with the 35mm focal length equivalence of 36-180mm.
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 22
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 17"
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
In The Box
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F/4G ED VR lens
- Front Lens Cap (LC-77)
- Rear Lens Cap (LF-4)
- Lens Hood (HB-53)
- Soft Case
- Focal Length: 24 - 120mm
- Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 36 - 180 mm
- Maximum: f/4
- Minimum: f/22
- Camera Mount Type: Nikon F
- Format Compatibility: Nikon FX/35mm Film, Nikon DX
- Angle of View: 84° - 20° 30'
- DX Picture Angle: 61° - 13° 20'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.5' (45 cm)
- Magnification: 0.24x
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:4
- Optical Design: 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 9, Rounded
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: No
- Filter Thread: Front: 77 mm
- Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 3.3 x 4.1" (8.38 x 10.41 cm)
- Weight: 1.56 lb (710 g)