Designed for high-quality still image and video capture while being compact and lightweight, the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens features the optics, AF and image stabilization necessary for shooting in any number of situations.
For brilliant image quality it has one high-precision aspheric lens to reduce chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range. It features optimized lens coatings to ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare and a 7-blade circular aperture to ensure beautiful, soft backgrounds.
For outstanding performance, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens perfectly complements the Movie Servo AF feature found on select EOS Cameras with a compact six-group zoom system and a new stepping motor and focus mechanism to deliver smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting. Still photography benefits from a high-speed CPU and an optimized AF algorithm.
Full-time manual focus is available in AF mode and the front element does not rotate during focus, perfect for use with polarizing filters. Handheld photography is enhanced by the lens' Optical Image Stabilizer system, offering the equivalent of four stops of compensation. Compact and highly versatile, it is the ideal lens to carry anywhere.
- Versatile zoom range-great for landscapes, portraits and travel
- Compact lightweight design
- Avoid camera shake with a four-stop optical Image Stabilizer
- STM Motor gives smooth, near-silent focusing when shooting video
- 0.25m close focusing distance
In The Box
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM (White box)
- Mount: APS-C
- 35mm film equivalent focal length (mm): 29-88
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 13/11
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7
- Minimum aperture: 22 - 38(36)?
- Closest focussing distance (m): 0.25
- Maximum magnification (x): 0.36 (at 55mm)
- Image stabilizer: 4-stops
- AF actuator: STM
- Filter diameter (mm): 58
- Max. diameter x length (mm): 69.0 x 75.2
- Weight (g): 205g
- Lens Cap: E-58 II
- Lens hood: EW-63C
- Lens case/pouch: LP1016