A modern day update to a versatile, compact and lightweight wide-angle lens, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is incredibly bright and offers image stabilization,
superb image quality and construction perfect for use on any EOS digital camera. With a redesigned mechanical and optical structure,
the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM features a GMo aspherical lens element for high image quality with improved performance in the periphery.
It incorporates a rear focus system and ring-type USM for faster, more precise autofocus performance.
Full-time manual focus enables manual focusing while in AF mode, a micro-stepping drive provides quieter operation and a low speed focus drive delivers optimal results for video shooting.
Canon Optical Image Stabilizer system delivers the equivalent effect of 4 stops and can detect normal shooting or panning, and automatically switches to the optimal IS mode.
Compact and lightweight, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM has an 8-blade circular aperture diaphragm for soft backgrounds, a minimum focusing distance of 0.79 ft./0.24m, plus optimized lens coatings for minimized ghosting and flare.
- Image stabilizer equivalent to a shutter speed approximately four steps, delivers sharp images in low light when hand held. Achieves a minimum focusing distance of 0.24m/0.79 ft and a maximum magnification of 0.24 x. Real focus and ring USM achieve high-speed autofocusing. Full-time manual focusing function allows users to focus manually after autofocusing
- High Image QualityAberrations caused by lens optics are corrected by using a GMo aspherical lens element, resulting in high image quality. Flare and ghosting are minimized by the optimized lens arrangement and coating. Wide open f-stop (f/2) offers outstanding descriptive power for portrait shooting. Excellent soft-toned image of background is achieved by 8- blade circular aperture.
- Silent OperationMicro step drive control enables silent aperture movement and low speed ring USM effective for movie shooting.
In The Box
- EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
- Front Lens Cap E-67 ll
- Rear Lens Cap
- Weight (g):210
- Filter Diameter (mm): 52
- Maximum Magnification (x):0 .23
- Magnification with Extension Tube EF12: 0.58-0.35
- Magnification with Extension Tube EF25: 1.00-0.77
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63 degrees
- Horizontal angle of view: 54 degrees
- Lens Construction (elements/groups): 7/5
- Max. Diameter x Length (mm): 67.4x42.5
- Minimum Aperture: 22
- No. of Diaphragm blades: 5
- Closest Focusing Distance (m): 0.25
- AF Actuator: AFD
- Soft Case: ES-C9
- Hard Case: LH-B9
- Lens Hood: EW-65