Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
A long-reaching telephoto zoom characterized by a sophisticated optical design and advanced image stabilization technologies, the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens is part of the esteemed L-series developed for full-frame EOS DSLRs. One fluorite element and one Super UD element have been incorporated into the lens' construction, and both help to reduce aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to deliver notable clarity, image sharpness, and faithful color reproduction.
An Air Sphere Coating has also been applied to lens elements in order to reduce lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich imagery.
Benefitting the optical components of the lens, a four-stop effective Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake and can be dedicated to different styles of shooting. Furthermore, a redeveloped rotation-type zoom ring pairs with an internal focusing mechanism, and an Ultrasonic Motor, to deliver quick and intuitive handling to benefit handheld shooting. Positioned as a versatile option for sports and wildlife photographers, this lens' list of attributes make it a viable telephoto zoom for a variety of shooting applications.
Housed within a weather-resistant barrel, this lens also features fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements for protection against fingerprints and smudges from affecting image quality. Zoom control is complemented by a dedicated tension ring for adjusting zoom torque.
Additionally, other refined design elements include a tripod collar that can be attached or detached with the lens mounted to the camera and an included lens hood that permits easy control over specialty filters with the hood in place.
- EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- One Fluorite and One Super UD Element
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Lens Coatings
- Ring-Type USM AF Motor, Internal Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer with 3 Modes
- Rotating Zoom Ring & Torque Adjustment
- Weather-Sealed Design
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
In The Box
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Soft case
- Focal Length: 100 - 400mm
- Aperture: Maximum: f/4.5 - 5.6
- Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
- Format Compatibility: 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
- Angle of View: 24° - 6° 10'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.2' (97.54 cm)
- Magnification: 0.31x
- Elements/Groups: 21/16
- Diaphragm Blades: 9, Rounded
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: Yes Removable - rotating
- Filter Thread: Front: 77 mm
- Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 3.7 x 7.6" (93.98 x 193.04 mm)
- Weight: 3.5 lb (1.59 kg)